Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Well DAMN New Edit Feb 15

There is a Main page Power ARCHIVE click here with 600 pictures and contest reports since 2003--this is in effect while I recover from my surgery and will be sidelined from lifting--many lifters are featured, maybe you are among the photos- click it -unless of course, you just came from there (double link)

So the being orange...was a liver bile duct blockage caused by cancer on the pancreas ..and with weight loss of 58 pounds ( The Bench Bozo Death diet) I knew it was time to take my doctors ( I now have 5 doctors) advice..so there has been NO training for me at all for about 6 weeks now...

So IF you are used to checking this space for my workout log -or reports of getting really good old geezer bench presses of 578 or the like...or the one time 600 that the judges did not pass..or meet pictures and the like...I think that will be postponed for awhile while I recover.

I was going to state a 'tongue in cheek' BRAG that I'm so tough --I benched my 578 at 66 (June 2009- Portland) with a 1.8 cm cancer...is there a Guiness book of records category for that...wait that IS too much ...I retract that 'thought bubble'


Yes, I will be having an operation March 3 rd--to grab a tumor from my Pancreas..and that IS the good news...because according to all the CT scans, Endoscopic Ultrasounds and other radioactive snapshots they have of me--I have a liver up roar caused by a Pancreas tumor that is in the OPEN to be snatched away, so in a 6 hour operation called the Whipple Procedure...no bozo will need be bald headed....indications are that the Whipple works 99% of the time...My doctor seems to think a guy like me should have an easy operation and a 3 month recovery. so Bozo's site will be fairly quiet til April.

Then what?--I will slowly resume training and try to hit the WABDL Worlds in November --there are lots of records to be broken...and I have lots of goals for then....then what about benchbozos very own brag a thon?? --I will occasionally come here to report any big ol thing that happens in iron sport--or let you know how I am doing --meanwhile..so this blog is not JUST about "whining"

BIG CONGRATULATIONS

go to my email pal

and Champ many times over


Mr Ron Moormeister --He lifted some incredible record breaking weight in the LA Fit expo last weekend--HE benched 4 attempts and four were for new USPF American and California State records. As planned he opened with 220kg. and blew up 230kg., 237.5kg., and 243,kg. The last three were competition PR's, and the last one was an anytime, anyplace PR.for Ron.. The three judges are noted for being very strict, and are qualified international officials... those being Steve Denison, Scott Layman, and Jim Merlino. The cool thing... He got 12 white lights... i.e. there were no questions about the quality of the lifts.
Ron also got Best lifter among the best masters in the league..YOU DA MAN RON !!!
here is his victory pic --he's the distinguished one with the medal..

RON got BIG PRESS at Powerlifting Watch dot com--but I was first to break the news...to my loyal Bozo ites...

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Denning said...

You'll beat this thing Robert O. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress right back to the lifting platform.

Great to see Ron lift so well. I really look up to him.

Steve "Island Strength" Denning

8:12 PM  
Blogger Tony Tomra said...

Thanks for the update Rob. Sounds like you've got a good team on it. You should be back with your new and improved beach body before you know it.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Thorndike Pickledish said...

I'm hoping the surgery goes as it does for so many !!
'exceptional in its success !

thank you for your great comments--it's getting closer to the OP and knowing there are a few folks who are rooting for me helps more than you can guess !

3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Robert, I knew you as a teen aged disc jockey in Auburn, California. You were one of my favorite people then, and you still are. Hal Swift 1/23/2014

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home